World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all, please could someone give me some info on worthing pier I.e charges, parking, can you fish it at night?, and what might I catch, I normally fish shoreham but have heard worthing might be worth a go, any help or advice would be greatfully received. Thanks. Rob

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Afternoon all, please could someone give me some info on worthing pier I.e charges, parking, can you fish it at night?, and what might I catch, I normally fish shoreham but have heard worthing might be worth a go, any help or advice would be greatfully received. Thanks. Rob
Pier is free to fish . Open 6am till about 9.30pm. Lots of car parks near by and think they reduced prices lately. Fish about at moment depends on the colour of the water , will be flounders , whiting , rockling , odd dog and schoolies if its coloured , garfish about on bigger tides when water is clear.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Rob,

I've only fished evening matches off of the pier, so don't know how it fishes in daylight but from what I have experienced over the past 18 months or so I offer the following;

On street parking is free after 6pm, although you may have to hunt for a space during the week if you arrive before 6:30.

Pier is open until 10:00 but depending on the mood of the Security guy he might try and shift you off from around 9:30ish.

As to what you might catch; there are still a few Rockling and pin Whiting around, Flounders have been thin on the ground this winter due to the sand around the pier having been washed away by the winter storms although it is slowly building up again. You might get a Plaice if you're fortunate.

Otherwise expect Bass(lets), Dogs if the water is coloured up, apparently Garfish are showing as well and there will be Mullet when the water warms up.

I'm sure one of the Worthing locals will be able to add some more detailed info.

Ian G

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info fellas, might give it a go soon, if I do I'll post my results, thanks again. Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went on the Worthing pier just to go back to Shoreham. If you wonder why I left the pier without fishing is because I have vertigo :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts