World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
it was windy
i fished with koi man and we had 24 ling between us and 3 CODLING!!!! i think 2 were just in size and we were catching them in about 6ft of water on blow lug

·
Registered
213 Posts
no i didnt measure them but a guess was 36cm and 38cm were the in size one
we fished just inshore from the arcade

·
Registered
81 Posts
it was windy
i fished with koi man and we had 24 ling between us and 3 CODLING!!!! i think 2 were just in size and we were catching them in about 6ft of water on blow lug
Sounds like the fishin on the pier is improving .... who caught the three codling you or koi man ? Did you ave em 4 tea ? :showoff: :yahoo:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have to come to Worthing for a bit of work one day this week about 11am -3pm, are there any worthwhile tides for fishing from 3.30pm until one gets kicked off the pier, or would Shoreham West Arm be better?

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Tides are all wrong Edgey - you'd be better off on the West Arm. Fished it today and had a bunch of rockling, a couple of dabs, a plaice, a couple of channels and a decent flounder about a 1lb (36cm). All on a mixture of frozen blacks, fresh blows and slippers.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Tides are all wrong Edgey - you'd be better off on the West Arm. Fished it today and had a bunch of rockling, a couple of dabs, a plaice, a couple of channels and a decent flounder about a 1lb (36cm). All on a mixture of frozen blacks, fresh blows and slippers.
Sounds like the West Arm is favourite then. Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, can't decide.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi mark fished the landing stage today, had 9 dogs 2 channel and 1 ling all sizeable, the water was nearly comming over, big swell, guy up by arcade had a good eel apparently 2lb, but was to scared to touch it. :giveup:

don't know how he got it off the hook, think someone else did it for him. I was hoping for a sneaky codling but alas !!

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Hi mark fished the landing stage today, had 9 dogs 2 channel and 1 ling all sizeable, the water was nearly comming over, big swell, guy up by arcade had a good eel apparently 2lb, but was to scared to touch it. :giveup:

don't know how he got it off the hook, think someone else did it for him. I was hoping for a sneaky codling but alas !!
Big tide today and a weird swell so not surprised nearly coming over. Started off down the beach at Grand Ave but it was strange - can't explain why but even with a 170g the swell and the tide were picking everything up and whooshing it up on the beach downtide. Was too thick to figure out why so nipped over to Shoreham - blinkin' cold and windy though and the rods kept getting blown over!

Bet you're choked at not getting your mitts on that eel - you'd have had that off the hook and in your bag in no time eh?:)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Big tide today and a weird swell so not surprised nearly coming over. Started off down the beach at Grand Ave but it was strange - can't explain why but even with a 170g the swell and the tide were picking everything up and whooshing it up on the beach downtide. Was too thick to figure out why so nipped over to Shoreham - blinkin' cold and windy though and the rods kept getting blown over!

Bet you're choked at not getting your mitts on that eel - you'd have had that off the hook and in your bag in no time eh?:)
you must of read my mind, I was giving it Homer mmmmm, thinking about that eel skinned and jellied with chillies,, I will be digging this afternoon and will be mainly going for eels tomorrow..:clap3:

·
Registered
323 Posts

Lucky git you are one up to you then ha ha, did the mighty sussex shu fish then? i bet it was to cold for him WELL DONE

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Good afternoon mr stubbs.

I trust that now you have whittled down your next fixed spool purchase options that you will be paying the happy shop keeper a visit.
He will be most displeased if he learns of your shopping elsewhere.
He is as you know your local purveyor of quality angling armaments and shoud be given your full support.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Good afternoon mr stubbs.

I trust that now you have whittled down your next fixed spool purchase options that you will be paying the happy shop keeper a visit.
He will be most displeased if he learns of your shopping elsewhere.
He is as you know your local purveyor of quality angling armaments and shoud be given your full support.
Good afternoon hot wad, the happy shop keeper is always taking my money so i think i might shop elsewhere, no jokes aside i not sure what reel i like yet, these things take time u know. i hope he gives me a discount if i buy from him.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts