1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Can remember a few years ago we were fishing on the pier and this man came down and said to the bloke next to us "dont try and stop me , i'm going to jump and kill myself" ... he picked the wrong person as Terry Thomas said go on then but make it quick and dont scare the fish ! , the bloke seemed quite shocked at the response he got and didnt jump.

·
Registered
685 Posts
i remember someone attending a job where someone was threatening to jump off the motorway bridge and got bored of talking to the guy who was threatening to jump and said words to the effect of, "F##K THIS, IF YOUR GONNA DO IT HURRY UP AND DO IT IF NOT GET OVER HERE SO I CAN SECTION YOU OTHERWISE ITS GOING TO END IN OVERTIME AND THE JOB CAN'T AFFORD IT!" the guy was so humilated he climbed back over and got sectioned all before the negotiators could arrive! not sure what would have happened if he had of taken the flying option as there may have been some difficult questions to answer!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
i remember someone attending a job where someone was threatening to jump off the motorway bridge and got bored of talking to the guy who was threatening to jump and said words to the effect of, "F##K THIS, IF YOUR GONNA DO IT HURRY UP AND DO IT IF NOT GET OVER HERE SO I CAN SECTION YOU OTHERWISE ITS GOING TO END IN OVERTIME AND THE JOB CAN'T AFFORD IT!" the guy was so humilated he climbed back over and got sectioned all before the negotiators could arrive! not sure what would have happened if he had of taken the flying option as there may have been some difficult questions to answer!
Would only have been difficult questions if someone had overheard the conversation - otherwise it would have been "Did everything I could but he just jumped". Prove otherwise. :eek:hmy::whistling

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
back to the tornado thing, there is a watch on for our region heres the link.

http://www.torro.org.uk/torro/forecast/index.php

iv seen 3 tornado now while fishing in the last few years all been beachy head way and out at sea, we average 30-50 tornado's a year in the UK , but most are small and short lived. We actually average more than the US!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
aparently most in the world beleiv or not!
but lets face it they ar a bit crap arnt they
ooh it blew my plastic garden funiture 2 doors down
(usualy along with the shock headline)
OLD LADY FALLS OVER IN CRISP PACKET HORROR!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
aparently most in the world beleiv or not!
but lets face it they ar a bit crap arnt they
ooh it blew my plastic garden funiture 2 doors down
(usualy along with the shock headline)
OLD LADY FALLS OVER IN CRISP PACKET HORROR!
A few of years ago we had a SMALL tornado in Shoreham that whipped up alongside our house picked up our 200 Ltr water butt that was full and lobbed it down the garden however the mop and bucket in the corner was left untouched...Mind you the door that I left in the allotment next to me during the renovation got a lift right into the shop window opposite,,,OOPS.

No they are not fella.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
we once lost our rotary washing line
never to be seen again?? oh and a few tiles from the roof!
thos yanks in hurricane alley having whole houses zipped
up, waking up to find an overturned 4x4 and a dead cow were
your barn used to be, they have nothing on us! bloody cowboys.

tomorrow im going out to buy tins of beans
and plastic sheeting! and i suggest everyone
do the same!
IT BE HURRICANE SEASON I TELLS YA!
:

oh! as an arfter thought make sure you take some light gear
into refugee camp, itll probly be a bit bassy once things have settle down ;-]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts