World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello there,

Have fished worthing for a very long time now...i would first of all you use and dig the bait first at Worthing which is quite easy to do. The fish seem not to go for anything else apart from very tiny little bits of mackeral. I would suggest you fish any place to the west of the pier and the further you go the better the fishing. We dig bait just as the tide is starting to come in and then fish once it is about half way in. There are eels, bream and bass about. Weight on the bottom and three small hooks up the line...you really need to use what we call a grapple weight. The weed problem seems to be easing and also vary the distance when casting. We find that 80-100 yards is as far as you want to cast anyway. Then we usually fish for an hour or so after the high tide depending on what the bites are like. Last went a couple of weeks ago on a smallish tide and we had about 5 nice eels and several nice bass of a couple of pounds. I will let the site know next time we are going...cannot get there at present..Live in Brighton...some nice person tried to steal our car..had problems so they set light to it. Hope this helps..let me know how you get on..good luck Barrie

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi m8 i went to worthing pier on thursday. I had lots (loads) of little wrasse and some small bream. I diddnt see any one take any thing home!!!! It was all to small. Went to brighton marina today (friday) and saw people pulling out garfish,bream and littrally hundreds of makerel. I even baged my self about 30 of them , was pulling them out 5 or 6 at a time. If there was a way to put pictures on this site i would show you. So i recomend you go there if you can. there is a number 7 bus from hove or brighton station that takes you str8 there. But bear in mind during the day it costs £2.50 per rod.... Hopeing that with all the money they must earn that they will put some lights there soon so us fair weather fishermen can see what were doing :p) maybe i should ask them about this....

CAI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts