World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bridgend council have a long history of being useless at doing anything for the people who live here but excellent at getting money out of them, charging for sea fishing would be just another way of putting money into their coffers so that they can continue to waste it at extraodinary lengths. Porthcawl pier has, as others have said, always been a s**t tip I think that the litter laws we already have should be applied by having some of the "litter police" going to these locations and catching and prosecuting the offenders. But to go a step further rather than just fine these people make them spend a couple of days under supervision cleaning up the worst hit areas for litter. I am sure that losing a Saturday and a Sunday to hard work for punishment will make anyone think twice about doing it again. The only long term answer to the problem is EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
could,nt agree with you more they wouldnt leave me put a stainless steel bin out there at my cost because it is not their policy to accept donations their words not mine
the law is there and should be implemented when they refurbish the lighthouse which they are in the near future put a surveilance camera up there and they got all the proof they need to prosecute those involved with littering

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
well thats a very good idea

cameras can pick up vandalism, littering,people taking a dump and urinating.....a fixable penalty and a digusting habit...and I have seen it there

and wont cost us decent anglers a penny

but if they deceide to patrol the place you can bet that a small fee will be used to justify it

its wrong but thats the way it is, the old bill have to be paid to catch criminals too , I object to paying for that too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts