World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few spare hours this afternoon, so decided on a spinning session at Tidemils. Spent two hours after high water and tried every lure I had. Apart from two missed takes (suspect Gars), there was absolutely no action at all.

No bird activity, no fry visible and no shoaling.

Spoke to a nice bloke who had walked the entire beach from Seaford to Tidemills and back said just about the same thing.

Ah well, I guess its back to worms and crabs and try an evening session.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Similar experience at the marina today Vic. Nowhere near the numbers of fish since my last trip. Looks like the smaller tides are the better bet at the moment, but thats really not the norm on the marina. Its driven me onto the river for tomorrow. Harsh really. I'll really have to work hard bashing them 5lb mullet.......:)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Might see you up there then Vic. Wont be hugely sociable, cos I will be with clients, and I like to give them 100% (well, 95%. I'm allowed a ciggy break!)
Except when you're running up the river, fly rod in hand, chasing the shoal of school bass, leaving the poor client wondering what's going on!

Also what's this about small tides are better at the marina. Make your mind up! Actually, I was chatting to another angler on the marina Sunday compiling the list of excuses why the the fishing is no good:

Wrong size Tides, wrong state of tide, wrong direction wind, too much sun, too much moon, not sunny enough, water too clear, water too cloudy, sea too rough, sea too flat, wrong time of day, too many bait fish, no bait fish, water too cold/hot..........I'm wonder how we ever do catch.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Some more excuses that could be used: "you gotta have the right make rod and reel and colour of course and you must buy your bait from the Cabin!"

I gott say that my almost fishless trip to Pevensey Bay was due to the moon being too bright and I had a Chinese when I should have got a pie and chips, steak and kidney pie as chicken and mushroom doesn't fish well in the Spring.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Some more excuses that could be used: "you gotta have the right make rod and reel and colour of course and you must buy your bait from the Cabin!"

I gott say that my almost fishless trip to Pevensey Bay was due to the moon being too bright and I had a Chinese when I should have got a pie and chips, steak and kidney pie as chicken and mushroom doesn't fish well in the Spring.
Chap, everyone knows that! Its in the old fishermans rhyme....

When the Moon is Bright and New
Only Steak and Kidney will do......

Simon, didnt take the fly rod. :) Took the porky pig though, and the guy even managed a 5lb + Thick lipped on it! Oh, and poor clients? They arent any good to me. I want rich ones.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts