World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a few days at my gf's holiday flat in Rothesay with my brother and 3 of his scouse mates last week, all are very experienced charter boat anglers but complete newbies when it comes to shore fishing, the challenge was to get them fish from the shore and for them to enjoy the experience!

Venue was a mark on the south end of the island, baits were hard crab and whatever shellfish we could scavenge and it was literally a bite per cast, fishing at our feet with rotten bottom rigs with many fish landed and many more lost to the rocky ledges that abounded, best wrasse landed was a shade short of 3lb and fell to the least experienced of all of us, typically I went for a wander to explore the many gullies and hooked and got smashed by a far bigger fish. I of course managed the smallest fish, a pretty little goldsinny.

We had a bit of fun too with the pollock to 2lbs on slug-go's and lots of mackerel coming to small dexters and the like, all fishing was done on light spinning rods, all fish released.

We also had a day on Loch Ascog for the Pike with fish to 7lbs, oh and a four ounce perch on a 6" slug-go!

Overall, the guys had a good experience of shore fishing in a lovely location. My thanks go to Paul (shadrapper) for his excellent advice and innovative use of a coke can :punk:

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
lol lol lol good yin ciderman. its now a fanta can:boxing::bounce:

was down yesterday and had a fantastic day just round from the normal mark. lots of fish to 3lb:

was great to see you again mate and next time yer over we're going tubing!!!

tight lines and good health to you for the rest of the year mate
oh and if yer bro and his mates are reading this then a big up fae bute!!!

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Some nice wrasse there. I know the spot. For some reason I've still not tried for the wrasse there and really need to get that sorted out soon!

I was down this weekend too. The weather was mixed but it was great when the sun was out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts