World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.
went out in my boat to some uncharted wrecks on sunday 30 miles off portsmouth.found some very small lumps 230 foot down,drifted with illuminous lead head twin tails.first drift had cod of 19lb 6oz,loads of pollack best new club record of 19lb 15oz was well chuffed,just missed wessex nfsa record by 8oz gutted
all caught on drift of 1 knot +.
as the tide eased caught new club pout record of 3lb 10 oz.
that was my best ever day fishing roll on next weekend.
you should have seen the other club members faces most reconed i would blank as usual. also heard 10lb seabass had 160 bass to 6lb on rapalas ALL RETURNED good on ya mate.
will put photos on here when i get my camera back.(left it on my boat)

hope you gits who nicked my sandeels from my courge in langstone choke on them when you read this...........

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like you had a good day too mate. Congrats on club records, 2 in one day ! I saw Trevor come back with a bass not far off the club record. Not sure how many ounces off the mark it was but I know he had been out all day and had it in the boat for a good few hours. I would say a fish that size could lose a few ounces in that time.

As you say, roll on the weekend, looking forward to getting out early after some better bass. Sorry to hear about the sandeels going awol, particularly as you had to put up with that weather on Saturday to get them. Sorry to bottle the seining..........realised there were no waders in the boat and water was too cold for paddling :D

Will keep an eye out for your pictures and also try to put one of the best fish from sunday on there.

·
Registered
279 Posts
well done u jammy git? but well chuffed for u especialy as the fish of the month was betten 3 times in same day,good luck next week hope to see u in the yard on sat!!!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts