World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Ive just bought a lowrence fishfinder and a navionics uk map card for it will that do the same job?
Think it depends if relief shading is included on the card I seem to remember to get it onto a plotter was quite expensive, whereas on a tablet it’s£30 ish for the year, you don’t need to pay this annually only if u want the latest updates , it stays on your tablet anyway ,what I would say is the screen brightness on tab is nowhere near as good as a dedicated plotter, not bad if u shade the screen, if u Google navionics relief shading u can get free two weeks use in your area to decide if it’s for you, the chart positions on plotter are in my area some way off the wrecks actual position but on relief shading are spot on as you drift over wk it comes up on fishfinder with r s position exactly, and I can anchor accurately on wk using the distance marker, I use my plotter to drive to the wk and RS to anchor but could use Rs for both jobs, look at the free info

· Registered
310 Posts
Think it depends if relief shading is included on the card I seem to remember to get it onto a plotter was quite expensive, whereas on a tablet it’s£30 ish for the year, you don’t need to pay this annually only if u want the latest updates , it stays on your tablet anyway ,what I would say is the screen brightness on tab is nowhere near as good as a dedicated plotter, not bad if u shade the screen, if u Google navionics relief shading u can get free two weeks use in your area to decide if it’s for you, the chart positions on plotter are in my area some way off the wrecks actual position but on relief shading are spot on as you drift over wk it comes up on fishfinder with r s position exactly, and I can anchor accurately on wk using the distance marker, I use my plotter to drive to the wk and RS to anchor but could use Rs for both jobs, look at the free info
Ps there is more info by lady half pint on boat maintainanice part of forum I believe she works in this field, ie marine surveys etc and is very helpful,

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that i bought the navionics plus card for the plotter i think the relief shading is the navionics platinum SD card its and extra 70 quid, think i will send it back get the platinum one, subscribed to wrecksite well worth the 30 euros was amazed the amount of wrecks in my area

· Registered
4,852 Posts
Does anyone know if its possible to find inshore wreck GPS co-ordinates around UK waters anywhere?
I fish inshore wrecks from my kayak so a tablet is not an option but I find them OK, I also find interesting marks when peddling about which I mark on the plotter and its the same with the wrecks. If they are marked on navionics then I go there and look at down scan for an idea of where it is and once found mark it as a way point. For some well broken wrecks you might find that the fish are found away from the main piece and that may differ for different stages of the tide too.

· Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for that i bought the navionics plus card for the plotter i think the relief shading is the navionics platinum SD card its and extra 70 quid, think i will send it back get the platinum one, subscribed to wrecksite well worth the 30 euros was amazed the amount of wrecks in my area
I'm not sure that the Platinum card shows R/S.straight out of the box. I think it has to be activated from the Navionics website by downloading it using a computer/laptop. As said, it is good. I have mine on a tablet as the card for the plotter is Navionics Gold which doesn't support Relief and Shading and isn't that old so I'm reluctant to change it.(I wasn't aware of the R/S.when the boatbuilder supplied my plotters and a card).
Hope this helps. ENB.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure that the Platinum card shows R/S.straight out of the box. I think it has to be activated from the Navionics website by downloading it using a computer/laptop. As said, it is good. I have mine on a tablet as the card for the plotter is Navionics Gold which doesn't support Relief and Shading and isn't that old so I'm reluctant to change it.(I wasn't aware of the R/S.when the boatbuilder supplied my plotters and a card).
Hope this helps. ENB.
Yes you need to log into the navionics web site and download the relief shading onto the card, watched a couple of youtube videos about it seems straight forward enough

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Not to have all plotters supported by relief shading.
To have the correct card, yes platinum will to not work if the RS does to not be supported.
What plotter do you to have?!

To set RS up with navionics onto mobile or tablet does to be a good idea, and to double as a second back up for if to be issues with the main plotter. To have to have an independednt gps system onto it though. One that does to not rely onto sim cards and roaming data to be used.
Onto the boating equipt page there does to be a sticky thread with more informstion into it for this.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not to have all plotters supported by relief shading.
To have the correct card, yes platinum will to not work if the RS does to not be supported.
What plotter do you to have?!

To set RS up with navionics onto mobile or tablet does to be a good idea, and to double as a second back up for if to be issues with the main plotter. To have to have an independednt gps system onto it though. One that does to not rely onto sim cards and roaming data to be used.
Onto the boating equipt page there does to be a sticky thread with more informstion into it for this.
lowrance hook reveal 7, it supports relief shading

1 - 16 of 16 Posts