World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Now that the wrecks are coming into the frame again just a tip on keeping long traces tidy and easily accessible, get a length of grey foam pipe insulation and cut into lengths that suit your tackle box, make up your traces and put the end with a swivel on into the split in the foam wrap your trace around the foam and then just push the hook into the foam if you do this neatly you will get twelve traces 12' long on 14" of insulation they are easy to undo and can be kept ready in a tackle bucket alongside you without tangling up everything else. make up three or four with different length traces on a mark them and your set for the day without having to make up traces during the day and loosing fishing time.
I have estimated that an angler who does not pre make his traces will loose up to an hours fishing time in a day. that could equate into quite a few fish.

&

·
0 Posts
Hi Gus,

Great tip thanks mate, saw another really good one today at the back of Total Sea Fishing, do'nt know if you've seen this before.

To minimise snagging Pirks on the wreck or reef, simply remove the treble hook and replace with a suitable single attached with a small length of wire trace (or heavy duty mono).

Then simply hold the hook against the body of the pirk and secure with an elastic band.

I've always got foam piping, use it as an electric lead tidy, behind TV, computer etc.

Cheers "Lofty"

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always reccomend pirking at slack water only so that it is straight up and down rather than being dragged into the wreck at an angle like a grapnel that seems to cut down the losses, when the tide gets away switch to gills jellies shads and whatever on flying collar rigs..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts