World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was a frosty morning but nice and clear when we steamed up the solent to the Needles

We tyred loads of wrecks but they were empty with just a few fish showing,but we kept trying with skipper Rob trying every trick in the book but to no avail.The tide went to a trickle and we dropped the hook 20 yards of the stern of the wreck,some of us had baited feathers or a whole 10 inch squid(we only fished this way for 20 min's before the tide slowed and the wind pushed us off)but Kev had a bite and hooked a fish.

He then had a nice ling of about 16lb.
Here is rob sorting the fish out.

This pic is of a very happy Kev!

Me and milo both lost fish before we moved north to the legs for a few drifts as it was now about 4.30pm and was showing some nice balls of fish going to 50 foot above but not a sniff.
Cheer's Rob great day thank's and would love to come again,and cheer's for working so hard to find the fish but as they say that's fishing,cheers for a great day m8 ;D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry to hear about the lack of fish, glad you had a good day.

The ling looks a beauty.

I hope it will be better on saturday, where did you go in the end? France?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Rob m8 cheers very much even though the fishing was hard work to say the least i cant wait to come out again the sooner the better .
Nick fella well done on your ling m8 she sure was nice .
Rob shogun is an awesome boat well done m8 youve thought of every thing she is a beast.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear about the lack of fish, glad you had a good day.

The ling looks a beauty.

I hope it will be better on saturday, where did you go in the end? France?
yes m8 not far from cherbourg,just these ne winds and sum person had a lucky rabbits foot in his bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

T

·
0 Posts
Bad luck on the fishing guys, but well done for persisting.

I promise though, head 50 miles WSW instead of 50 miles SxSSW and you will have a dozen big fish each.
...It's fishing it's t1ts off in that general direction.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Nice report needles just a shame there weren't many fish on the go. That ling was a cracker though. :fish:

·
Registered
464 Posts
To carry on the news. Went out from Exmouth on the Rose-Ann. Steamed out towards the fishing lanes. Dropped on a small wreck. Plenty of small pollack up to around 6lbs. Went on to just inside the lanes. Started catching larger pollack to 16lbs. Had a great hours fishing until just before slack tide. Fish coming up with lots of crabs and bait fish in their gulletts. After that. Nowt. It was like a switch being thrown. We tried both previous wrecks on our way back. Nowt.

Mike worked his socks off. Steaming from wreck to wreck. To no avail. Good side. Even the novices took some fish home. Bad side. Not a lot caught after slack tide. We could see them on the fish finder. But they were not interested.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To carry on the news. Went out from Exmouth on the Rose-Ann. Steamed out towards the fishing lanes. Dropped on a small wreck. Plenty of small pollack up to around 6lbs. Went on to just inside the lanes. Started catching larger pollack to 16lbs. Had a great hours fishing until just before slack tide. Fish coming up with lots of crabs and bait fish in their gulletts. After that. Nowt. It was like a switch being thrown. We tried both previous wrecks on our way back. Nowt.

Mike worked his socks off. Steaming from wreck to wreck. To no avail. Good side. Even the novices took some fish home. Bad side. Not a lot caught after slack tide. We could see them on the fish finder. But they were not interested.
well you had a better day than us,but was nice to meet new people and a suntan seem's slow at the moment then even west.I blame the NE wind:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts