World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well me and stev went out on his orkney stroller to try a few wrecks of orford, the ons we went to had been fishinf well a few weeks previously so should be good.

how evr when we arrived there some 13-14 miles from the bar the water had got coloured again.

how ever using the great garmin software andput in the way point of the wrecks ( the standard horizon marks were some 500 ft out) we found the firs wreck straight away and what a big beast showing loads of fish, so we decided to anchor up and drop down over the top of it and droppd squid baits down on some big leads and hey presto straight into the cod, well sort of there were only small abou 2lb but still good sport, had some nice big pout to, plus the odd doggy.

when the tide started to turn we decided to move back in shoe as the wind started to pick up a bit and went to one of the banks.

had plnty of sport in dogs, a few small smuts to 4lb plus a tope at 3lb

so in all a good day but pity we couldnt get some bigger cod.

·
Fishy Jim
9,137 Posts
At least you caught somthing, unlike my blank bassing session saturday.... do you think it will clear out now?? or is i to late

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
unlucky dick, at least a few fish, water seems strange this year, one day clear another like chocolate... pm'd you mate

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
At least you got your string pulled Dick, won't be too long now before there'll be loads of Cod (I hope) :)

AL ..

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep 8 weeks then the cod should start showing if not before

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Ye sounds a good summer trip mate. It must of been good to find the wreck straight away, not always easy is it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well done plenty of sport, cant wait for the cod to turn up hope to be trying my luck down cornwall in 2 weeks

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
most is due to good software thats were the garmin comes into its own, every wreck i have used on the my unit or waypointof my puter softwar has been spot on every time how ever some like standard horizon or naman can be as much as 500ft out which makes it very hard to find

1 - 8 of 8 Posts