World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to WorldSeaFishing.com
Can we continue to use your data to tailor ads for you?

Our partners will collect data and use cookies for ad personalization and measurement.

Learn how WorldSeaFishing.com and our 11 partners collect and use data
Yes

No

You can change your choice at any time in our privacy center.

Why is this flashing up on every page that I go on?
I select No and Agree which clears it but it reappears when I move onto next thread that I choose to look at.

·
WSF Administrator
56,955 Posts
This will be about the new rules regarding data collection.

I will see if I can get you a better explanation about all this.

Nick.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no problem with the data collection request question but its flashing up on every page regardless of what you answer and requires answering again before you can read the page.

·
WSF Administrator
56,955 Posts
I have no problem with the data collection request question but its flashing up on every page regardless of what you answer and requires answering again before you can read the page.
Gary I will get this sorted for you.

Nick

·
Registered
17,294 Posts
Doing it to me too. Whether you say yes or no. Its popping up multiple times while you are scrolling down a page too.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Looked on here via a "Non" Adblocked Browser! 5mins was enough was off ads popping up everywhere loads of rubbish ones.

·
WSF Administrator
56,955 Posts
It helps us pay the bills and keeps this wonderful site free.

Nick

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
It helps us pay the bills and keeps this wonderful site free.

Nick
Unfortunately there is nothing wonderful about it when the ads are over the top. Its also counter-productive, people will put up with a reasonable amount of ads but the amount on here make it unbearable so people either leave or use an ad-blocker .... which does the exact opposite of what is intended.

For those getting the popup repeatedly showing on every page ... you are blocking the required cookies which means the site tries to right to your computer every time you reload a page from the site. You will need to adjust the security of whatever browser you are using so it allows WSF to write the required cookies to your hard drive.

·
WSF Administrator
56,955 Posts
For those getting the popup repeatedly showing on every page ... you are blocking the required cookies which means the site tries to right to your computer every time you reload a page from the site. You will need to adjust the security of whatever browser you are using so it allows WSF to write the required cookies to your hard drive.
Exactly right.

Nick

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Nick

I do not mind the ads as cycling is my other hobby and the ads I get are for one of the online bike shops that I use a lot.

It is good that the income you get covers the cost of the website and that it remains free.

Well done
Jamie

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Nick

I do not mind the ads as cycling is my other hobby and the ads I get are for one of the online bike shops that I use a lot.

It is good that the income you get covers the cost of the website and that it remains free.

Well done
Jamie
Do you not understand tracking? because unwittingly you have just given an example of it.

Move to firefox avoid, chrome and google like the plague [easier said than done i know]

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yes my friend I do understand tracking and how it works. The reason I do not mind the ads is they highlight to me when sales are on. It does not mean I will buy something constantly.

My son is an IT expert and keep wanting me to shift off Windows so far I have resisted but the time may come :)

Cheers
Jamie

Do you not understand tracking? because unwittingly you have just given an example of it.

Move to firefox avoid, chrome and google like the plague [easier said than done i know]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why is this crap happening again ?
I am using Microsoft Edge as a browser and tried all the different cookie blocking options but to no avail.
The pop up appears on every thread on this site.
Any ideas on how to get rid of this will be appreciated.
Many thanks

·
WSF Administrator
56,955 Posts
Why is this crap happening again ?
I am using Microsoft Edge as a browser and tried all the different cookie blocking options but to no avail.
The pop up appears on every thread on this site.
Any ideas on how to get rid of this will be appreciated.
Many thanks
It just seems to happen on a few peoples systems.

Try a different browser, I use Firefox and have never had an issue.

Nick

1 - 20 of 26 Posts