World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, im just back from the WSF Loch Etive Meet. Me and big-al arrived at Inveraray Pier just before 8am, we went for a coffee as it was chucking it down. We headed to the pier after the rain stopped briefly and set the rods up, just as Supafly and Janet arrived. We were first on the slippery pier, after a few casts we started hauling in our bait for the WSF Etive Meet. Finaly MCoool arrived with Peeblesman, he had a spot of bother on the road up the side of the loch. He had to rescue a woman whos car just missed his and went off the road and down an embankment. Well done guys :clap: We headed off for another coffee and toast, while waiting for MCoool to catch his bait for the WSF Meet. We also met up with vespaman, then we all headed on up to Priory. We got the tents up and rods out. Supafly and MCoool caught some seatrout, then big-al got a nice 7lb Thornback. Supafly got a Gurnard then a dogfish and a Scorpian fish. The best came after 11.50pm, three Thornback Rays one after another by MCoool, Peeblesman then me. I caught the biggest of the session a 7.5lb Thornback :1a: So i won the WSF t-shirt, Supafly got the other one for most species caught. Well done bud, etive sure is good to you. Nice meeting all of you guys at the meet, and great to see Pauline and cabalacus. We all done WSF proud (HARDCORE) I look forward to the next meet.

Steven

·
Registered
794 Posts
great pics glad yous had a good time , good to see pauline made it:clap3:

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
is that all who turned up
good sesh btw lads
good thornies there , you were with the right lads there
would have been there but have been away for the last 5 weekends on the trot , and next few weeks will be away again.
1. arbroath 9th aug
2 . fife end 14th aug
3.scrabbie 22- 24th aug
4. will be etive 13/14 sept

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
least there was some fish caught lol.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Some great pics there - well done all :clap3: nice looking thornies and a few other species caught as well.
Sounds like a successful meet to me....

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
a great time was had by all , we had a great laugh , supaflys lantern exploded and he narely set the campsite on fire , unfortunatley he burnt his hand but all is ok , we had a laugh about it afterwords. the rain was torrential most of the time , i went into the church at one point for shelter to find colin ( vespaman ) standing on the podium praying for the rain to stop ( someone will have to put the pic on )

DSC00101.jpg willeton retriving tripod

thornie.jpg my thornie

View attachment 20623 willetons thornie

DSC00109.jpg marks thornie

DSC00112.jpg peeblesman thornie

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
MORE PICS

DSC00098.jpg gurnard

DSC00099.jpg supaflys weedfish

DSC00097.jpg is there a fish on

DSC00104.jpg creepy colin in the dark church

ETIVE MEET.jpg the sign at the priory reads

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I must say al, i think all the Thornbacks were a good size. I had a great time even with the rain, it was great meeting more people from the forum. By the way al, that was not funny putting my tripod so far out in the water:nonono: Your party tricks were amazing al, i will bring an fire extinguisher next time just to be on the safe side lol

Steven

G

·
Good to meet all you guys :yeah:had a great time, pity about the weather though.Some nice catches and the next time remind me NOT to listen to my hubby, big al and mcoool :uhuh: next time he says the tide isnt coming in .:thumbs::clap2::bleh::yeah:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
looks like a great wee session was had by all :thumbs:
few braw sized thornbacks too .
was good reading the reports and good pics too :clap:

·
Registered
667 Posts
well done to all who braved the weather , thought it might have been cancelled because of the rain ,the wee burn looks well in spate, and good photos.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Good to meet all you guys :yeah:had a great time, pity about the weather though.Some nice catches and the next time remind me NOT to listen to my hubby, big al and mcoool :uhuh: next time he says the tide isnt coming in .:thumbs::clap2::bleh::yeah:
yer no scared of a wee bit of water are you ??:blink:

G

·
Nope just didnt fancy floating down Etive on airbed :yawn: hey with all the rain last night Im lovely and clean so dont need a shower today lol

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just back after droping Peeblesman off, what a weekend,as you have gathered from Stevies post it rained and rained,then it rained some more. On the way there I had to rescue a damsel in serious distress,after she left the road at high speed heading for the loch, she was badly shaken,and in shock, but she survived to have her 21st birthday party tonight, although I think she might be a wee bit too sore for dancing, and on the way back, Spinner nearly killed us driving like a madman in his transit,coming back for his rodrest he'd forgot to lift.:thumbdown
Etive fished like Etive does sometimes, diabolicle, with only four reasonable fish showing, but Superfly was happy with a few new species for himself, and bye the way,I mustn't forget Janet who fed me a bacon roll to die for about 1.00am this morning, you can fish with me anytime hen, just leave the human torch at home.....
As usual, at these meets,not everybody turned up, but still those that did had a bit of a laugh.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Glad it was a good meet and good to see that Pauline went.
well done to everyone who went, some cracking thornies there too.
It even looks like a place that I could get to. I thought I would only be able to fish Taynuilt slip but this looks as though I could manage on the beach.

Well done everyone

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
LMAO Big Ali think you could give me a run for my money with setting things on fire, i think we should just stick to fishing,

Had a great time, that was mad with that lantern, ive taken it back to the shop, i think the guy will need a surgeon to remove it lol

Glad we all got fish ( i think ) it was nice to meet you all, look forward to it again sometime :clap2:

I need to go to my bed now :yawn: good night! :)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts