World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'Blast Beach Veteran'
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived at the priory about 4ish in bright sunshine, little wind, and the mark was spotless apart from one spurrie trace, which was duly snaffled by 'another makem' First on the agenda was to crack open a beer then place the other tins in the burn to cool. Stupid mistake really :cry::doh: cos when i went for a refill, there they were, gone with the tide. Got set up, then nipped away for more ale, returned and started fishing, and awaited for others to arrive, and waited, and waited. Nobody came, and neither did the fish! Fished on till dusk and high tide without a sniff so decided to scarper to flat rock area.

We were met at flat rock with an onslaught of midge, so we decided to burn the discarded sleeping bag and the felled foliage to smoke em out. Fishing was again dire with only myself having one good run which resulted in hee haw. Only fish caught was a small whiting by me which had tried to swallow a whole mackeral stuffed squid! We had a bit of fun with a mink who was on a bait robbing mission, but like us, he got nowt. So, we then decided to head to Inverary pier for first light to try save the blank, and to spin for a few mackies. There we were met with torrential rain, and half a dozen drunk neds who were practicing for the olympics diving team, yes, they were jumping off the pier! Not the best of sessions then but we tried (and failed miserably) so we look forward to our booby prizes for the least amount of species, the smallest fish caught and the least amount of wsf members met!

Cheers, Bow

·
Registered
461 Posts
unlucky on the fishing mate.glad i didnt head up last night after all.the other boys must've wiped out the loch the night before.oh well.if you dont try,you dont get.next time there will be a massive thornback with your name on it.tight lines:fishing1:

·
Registered
177 Posts
we arrived at 1230 and ended up before the priory [no room caravans ]at the bay with the wooden memorial seat 1 dog around 16 ins then that was the bait rods done for the weekend not another bite :thumbdown so we got the floats out and caught 10 sea trout biggest around a pound never meet with any 1 all weekend

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
@ mackembow, when myself and girlfrien went to the flat rockthere was a tiny mink bouncing from rock to rock and in/out any holes it could find, i fed it bits of mackerel to try and photograph it but it stole the fish and was gone by the time the shutter went,

Unlucky with the fishing this time but plenty other good times will be ahead hopefully :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well done for trying :clap: thats all we can do, sometimes the fish dont want to play. Good luck in the year ahead, Tight Lines.

Steven

·
Registered
206 Posts
I a sh--te night was had by all and if it was'nt for the midgeis we would'nt have got many bites lol well bow the next 1 should be better meet up with gaz 4 a sesh till then mate.

·
Registered
461 Posts
could have been worse.a fish is still a fish.at least you didnt blank.:clap:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts