World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a trip to the yealm y/day, Got the tides wrong there was no water. When i got back to my car a what looked like a local started gobbing off saying that it is private land and that you need a permit. I have fished the yealm for years. Granted i have only parked at this place a couple of times before and have spoken to the warden whilste fishing and heard nothing about a permit. The idiot then suggested that any cars parking on what to me is not a private rd would find "nasty things happening to their car" I left it alone a drove off as i was on my own. Has anyone else had similar experiences or had thier car damaged, or does anyone know of the areas that are private. Advice/knowledge would be usefull before a go back ( Probably with quite a few mates and a gaff in case any slimy ones turn up wink wink :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on the Yealm. I have fished from the Yealm for over 40 years, and yes there are some 'jobs worths' thereabouts. Simply take no notice.

The area has been encroached by outsiders that consider the activity of angling as some barbaric blood sport, forgetting their friday night F&C!.

It appears you went to the area west of Noss Mayo towards the coatsguard cottages. You CAN park on the lower area of that access road, but not the upper.

A better bet is to park near the Yealm Hotel and walk about 200 yards up river to the small bay there. Just south of the small inlet can be found good clean ground and at times some good sport. Never seen another there.

Have you tried the cliffs accessed from the car park at Stoke Beach?

There is a car park but a short walk to the west, along a lane, and then a long hike down the steep grassy slopes brings to a rocky shoreline. The is Hillsea point.

The deep gulleys hold all sorts, and some good Wrasse fishing, which can be tedious. Mind the odd bigger wave though.

Smaller Pollack hide here, and the odd bigger one is a possibility. Float fishing is a near must, but some tackle losers will try the rocky bottom.

Try again.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Really do watch out for those rogue waves -My mate got washed off there about twenty years ago.Luckily he got pushed back in against the rocks further around,all his dad did was to give him a b.......ing for losing his wellies.
Also re: the yealm remember it is a Bass nursery area.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts