World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!1:uhuh:

After changing her mind for the umpteenth time,yesterday saw me in Mablethorpe.........

After a couple of hours doing the rounds in the shops,I was ready for heading to Ferryboat,when she has a bright idea......

"Instead of trying to walk over the sand and knacker yourselfself up,why don't you go to that place where you can fish off the wall thing ? "..........

"Trusthorpe you mean ? "

"Yes,that's it".

Fair enough............

Pulls up at Trusthorpe at half 2,and instead of fishing of the steps,I decided to fish a bit further over,heading back towards Mablethorpe,on the sand,so the nipper could play.

Gets everything set up,launched out two rods,one with a two hook rig,and one with a clipped down single hook.Both using 1/0 hooks.

Both rods baited with worm,and out they went.

Not 10 minutes had gone when the tip on the single rig twitched,so I struck,and nothing.

Just as the rig was touching the beach,the two hook rig went tap,tap.....

Struck,and didn't feel a thing.

So brought it in,and to my surprise,had a titchy either Codling,or little Whiting,(can't tell when they're that small!),about 10 oz. :fishing:

Took a quick pic of it,and back it went.........

Not a thing after that,and after the tide was going back,and we were packing up,a big thump on the two hook rig again..............but sadly,nothing of it.:g:

But,

The weather was nice,I didn't blank,and roll on another session......:yahoo:

P.S.

On the way back to the car,Just as we got to the outlet pipe,we saw something I have never seen on the coast all the time I have been going to mablethorpe,and surrounding areas.......

On the top of the pipe,next to the rocky outcrop,was a SEAL !!!!

Not sure if it was an escapee from the sanctuary,but it was deffinitely trying to get it's head down for a kip !!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Next time you are down this way let me know fished over easter some cod still being caught saw one at 5lbs. Not down for a few weeks now hope to catch you later

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have seen seal all year round this area normally they spook the fish and it goes dead. even seen them come up on the beach at Dona Nook in november they was thousand of them in the breading season Dona Nook is about 15 miles up the coast

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
We get them round felixstowe and quite far up the river Deben - all though they are an intresting sight i never like to see one, because it means that i will catch very little!

Good report.

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We get them round felixstowe and quite far up the river Deben - all though they are an intresting sight i never like to see one, because it means that i will catch very little!

Good report.

Thanks.

If I had seen it sooner,I would have expected it to be hard going,to the point of actually moving to another area entirely.......

But never mind,it's all good fun,and rollon the next session............

Whenever that will be !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Corndawg Theres been a seal around for a few years, don't know if its the same one but often around the outfall at Trusthorpe, Bohemia, and Sutton. M8 put out a cod line at Sandilands went down at low water(4am) and the fish he caught had been eaten right up to the hook just leaving part of the head and some guts, no guessing what had them?. Anyway what you doing fishing in good weather,maybe your not jinxed as I thought!. Like you I have a lot of Summer coarse fishing matches(Chesterfield canal Sunday) so its a matter of catching a decent tide as and when. Will make sure I catch you next time your down. Tight lines Rob.

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aye up Rob,

Got a big charity match soon at Lindholme,then the second of a series of four,then our club matches start,with Woodhouse grange.......

Busy,busy,busy !!!!!!

Then there is two Fisho' qualifiers,another charity match,and then trying to fit the beach in.........

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
On the top of the pipe,next to the rocky outcrop,was a SEAL !!!!

Not sure if it was an escapee from the sanctuary,but it was deffinitely trying to get it's head down for a kip !!!
If you're around closer to November / December, Donna Nook is well worth a visit with the kiddlies. I've got some fantastic photos of them there on Boxing Day last Christmas (although that was very late in the year for them to be there, because of the unusually warm winter last year)

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're around closer to November / December, Donna Nook is well worth a visit with the kiddlies. I've got some fantastic photos of them there on Boxing Day last Christmas (although that was very late in the year for them to be there, because of the unusually warm winter last year)

I might consider it,if the Donna Nook Residents don't decide to play with their big planes,and concrete bombs !!!!!! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts