World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fishy Jim
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,
I fished about 3bays from the gate today, from 10:30am til 5:30pm
No matter what i tried, wether it be a 10yard cast, up to 70yard casts, big baits to small baits, different rigs with diferent hook sizes, i just coudnt connect with anything, not even an ounce of weed!!!
Bait consisted or lug, rag and squid.
Hooks were stripped in seconds,
After 7 biteless hours, a quick visit from the resident seal, a pourpoise, and a rather large trawler a - (few miles out though) decided to call it, and let me gear rot in the shed for a couple more weeks as yet...
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

HELP ME ! ! !

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
why didn't you try 71 yards???! :roll1:

on a serious note though unlucky mate, well done for sticking it out for 7 hours though :fishing1:, hopefully in a fortnight or so the whiting and cod should be rolling in *touch wood*, i just think we have to be patient

·
Fishy Jim
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it wasnt for the fact i had brought alot of bait, it would have probabily been only a couple of bite less hours....
And i fogot to mention earlier, someone had left their rods and rodrests on the dirt track, about 100yards from tower......:oops::oops:

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Unlucky James, good effort though mate.

AL ..

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If you're fishing that bay, you need to be fishing the gully at 80yds.

It's cod city :laugh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same story at the end of last week. I'm hoping that all these rumours about winter Cod fishing are true so I can actaully catch something off the Suffolk coast...

·
Registered
730 Posts
unlucky james, you should've fished landguard like you said you were going to - at least you might have had some weed..:laugh: better luck next time ..

·
Fishy Jim
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The crabs made up for the weed, BIG TIME.
Might give landguard a go for an hour or so one evening this week, just a box of squid as ive heard thats what they are getting them on.
That way its not a fortune on bait, and its more crab proof than worm.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts