World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and deg's decided we needed a change of scenery and look for some very untouched rock in the middle of no where.
that might be virgin territory so after studying local live we headed for carmel head.
got to national trust car park and headed left toward ynys yr fydlen. as it looked out of the easterly wind's.
after a big hike up and down through the forest we got to the rock and climbed over it.
and this was the view.

this behind us.

our target was big wrasse so armed with new rod (ccc ld of gareth's shop) cheer's big feller.peeler's and hard crab's.

deg's was first in with this one.

then me with a couple.

then deg's moved about 20ft and landed this.

then it went flat and the last fish here was deg's with a pollock.

at this we had had enough. so the big march back to the car left us exausted so of for refulling and meet the shenton's.

arrived at lily pond. met the lad's and the ray's had been showing so straight away the thought was there there let's get them.
it was very quiet for a long time then we started to get the odd dog whiting dab's then finally deg's first in.

then when it went dark it was my turn.

after that it went quiet so we decided to head home. mission acomplished not a huge wrasse but a big un at that.

pulled last rod in to find this on board so now the new rod's been christened.

all in all not a bad day but aching today for all that walking.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Joe and mates,
Well done with your expedition and report.
How easy a venue is it, regarding climbing etc, or is it just a bit of a walk.
Coastman:)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's a good 2 mile+ down a hill across a beach over wet rock's up a big rock down a big rock and across the rock's.

put it this way the walk back is worse and deg's will have to twist my arm to go back there.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
it's a good 2 mile+ down a hill across a beach over wet rock's up a big rock down a big rock and across the rock's.

put it this way the walk back is worse and deg's will have to twist my arm to go back there.
Just looked on multimap.
Looked like a bit of a walk similar to mackeral rock as well.
Is it a island as the name suggest or is the island the end bit of rock at the headland. Phew I'm nackered just looking at the map...........sleep well....:sleeping:

·
Registered
706 Posts

That was one serious hike !,ok for ramblers, but loaded with gear :giveup:
when my back eases, maybe ?...........same time next year ? :g:

·
Registered
133 Posts
The hike is a good reason to try spinning on these remote spots!!!! A small rucksack or less and a rod and you're away!

Plenty of pollack and the chance of a bass too.

Phil

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just looked on multimap.
Looked like a bit of a walk similar to mackeral rock as well.
Is it a island as the name suggest or is the island the end bit of rock at the headland. Phew I'm nackered just looking at the map...........sleep well....:sleeping:

2 mile walk to the base then up and over this to the rock's on the right hand side.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great report and pics. Lovely spot but perhaps for a holiday rather than an afternoon jaunt! Did you need a separate passport?
just had to go there and see what it was like glynne. and we'll be going again for a night session.

p.s me and deg's are out this friday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts