World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the only day that my mate and I could make it down to Dungeness, work commitments, family things to do and my mate looking to move house put pay to an earlier visit, my wives plan to go out this evening also put pay to a prolonged trip, in the end we settles for an all day trip...

We set out before low tide and made it to Greatstone in time to pump 4 score of lug (not easy going after the rain), all set with our lug and some old frozen stuff we decided to fish where we thought there was a 'Fair Chance' of catching something for tea, also to stop the wife laughing with the kids about whether daddy is actually going to catch some fish........

The day started promising with a nice surf on the rising tide which produced a good schoolie Bass (about 38cm), as the tide progressed the fish done that dissapearing act and we were left wondering whether we would have any further luck, all distances covered yet still the baits came back untouched. Terrycarp8 popped down for a chat and I'm sure just to give his dog some vocal lessons (he goes made when anyone picks up a rod), kinda difficult not to when you fishing, anyway, Terry must have been a good omen as I had another Bass on lug (just on 36cm), we were then blessed with the obligatory Ting and a plump dab made a brief appearance.

After high tide it went quiet again, seeing that a cormaron was diving close in and I mean close in, about 10-15 feet out I decided to chuck a cheeky two hook 4/0 flapper loaded with lug in the general area for a brief prospectus, BINGO!!!! :clap2::yeah: Mr Codling chomped my bait, number 1 of the season!! :yeah: :clap2: it weighed in at 2lb 8oz, albeit very lean (pic below).

Feeling rather pleased we packed up about 5 and made our way home. Tally for the day, 2 bass, lots of ting, 1 x dab and 1 Codling!!

Happy days..tight lines!

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=149025&d=1349556113

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
great report and congrats on the codling stu. i saw the pics earlier on seagull website. your account is now open. 10ft out is proper mad tho.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lukey, you're not kidding, it was so close half the shock leader was out of the water, I was looking for a bass but I'll take the codling!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I believe I was near to you was ( i was in a red wsf hoodie nigel in oil skins ) fishing a couple of anglers up from you with Nigel ( Hondatvr ) . Could not buy a bite :( . See you land the first bass :) . Didn't fish at all well there today after having 15 in 2 hrs on Tuesday .

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice to hear of some more codling coming out, I might be tempted tomorrow..hmmmmm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts