World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from the obvious rod, reel, rigs and bait. What’s your must have bit of kit.

Mines my lanyard with nail clippers, hook sharpeners and thumbies on.

Regards Ryan.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
My must-have bit of kit is my flask. Not only does it provide refreshment, but you are guaranteed to have a bite when you're trying to pour your coffee. :D

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Boat :eek:

sorry

Seriously round here with all the doggies, rays, smoothies, tope and huss I rate my 'T' Bar as a must have. So easy to release at the side of the boat without stressing the fish.

G

·
You mean apart from my floats??!!??

My flask, as I am a bear with a sore head if I cannot have a cuppa, and, as someone said, just as you start to pour, you are near enough guranteed to have a cracking bite!

G

·
a bottle opener and a lighter :D

only one thing worse than not having a bottle opener on a long night and thats no lighter (if a smoker of course) had to beach the boat once to get some matches(how sad)it was worth it!

a rag

other than that a rag calms down smothies protects hands and keeps hands clean for drinking beer and smoking(dont try this kids) :D

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Gale-Force-Rob said:
My must-have bit of kit is my flask. Not only does it provide refreshment, but you are guaranteed to have a bite when you're trying to pour your coffee. :D
always find that. When things are slow I usually pour a cuppa :) sometimes works :confused:

My must have stuff at the moment is bait elastic ......been caught short twice now :p

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
A really good long term memory as there are times when I will throw my head back and howl, "What the hell am I doing this for?" Then I remeber those halcyon days when you had too much King Rag and juicy Peelers and the sea was thick with Bass jostling eachother to get on your hook!

Bait elastic! There's so little bait to be had to the Euro (a bit like a Quid but a lot less!) and, when it's really gone off when it's thawed out, you can tie it all together and still have something to cast out to catch those virtual fish.

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
it would have to be my floatation suit..... a vital piece of equipment....and then my pliers :D

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Flask of Tea and my radio, essential bit of kit tuned in to Realradio. :D

·
Registered
767 Posts
RadioKaos said:
Flask of Tea and my radio, essential bit of kit tuned in to Realradio. :D
RadioKaos do you shore or boat fish, surely you dont take a radio on the shore, spoiling all that peace and tranquility...........

Wonder how far I could cast a radio??????

I would not be with out my lucky underpants

No offence intenede by any of the above comments.

:) :) :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts