World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
My nemesis fish for many years. I was fishing the right places with the right methods but it took me an age to catch my first one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I live next to the Ouse, and the stretch is allegedly a well known hotspot for Zander..... I’ve yet to catch one :( despite trying for a number of years

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sharpness canal Gloucester has zander Fished it few years ago targeting pike with deadbaits both sea and course with zeds also on the list chucked lures around to search the water but unfortunately a no show from both species, really need to visit there again, only £5 for the day maybe different now but have to say probably the cleanest canal I've ever Fished no litter or dog sausages makes a change.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
63,618 Posts
Best bait I’ve found for them apart from a live roach on a float rig is small dead roach pumped full of herring oil and popped up off the bottom. That’s how I get them in the lake
Back in the 80s and through into the late 90s we used to use eel section pumped full of ACE worm extract.
Some popped up and some hard on.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
63,618 Posts
Back in the 80s and through into the late 90s we used to use eel section pumped full of ACE worm extract.
Some popped up and some hard on.
Strips of fish worked very well.

Reactions: rob shaw

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
Sharpness canal Gloucester has zander Fished it few years ago targeting pike with deadbaits both sea and course with zeds also on the list chucked lures around to search the water but unfortunately a no show from both species, really need to visit there again, only £5 for the day maybe different now but have to say probably the cleanest canal I've ever Fished no litter or dog sausages makes a change.
When we doing that? :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts