World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi all.
I noticed that Sea Angler gave this reel a plug in their last issue. Total Sea Fishing plugged the same reel ages ago and on the strength of their write up I bought one for my girlfriends eldest as a birthday present. All I will say is don&#39;t buy one mail order. If you&#39;re interested have a look at one in a shop and try the following test. As most surf anglers will know, you must be able to lock the drag down to avoid spool slip during the cast (if it slips - lots of blood from sliced finger). Screw it down hard and try to twist the spool. Unless they have rectified a stupid design fault then the spool will probably slip after a bit of effort and will refuse to lock solid ever again. If you do buy one and this happens soon after purchase take it back and get a refund. Don&#39;t bother trying to sort out the issue with Zebco as they are useless. Perhaps others have had a more positive experience but we have been left with a piece of junk costing £50. Lewis was very disappointed so I ended up buying a Shakespeare Brutus (another wodge of cash) but that seems ok to date.

In conclusion. Magazines don&#39;t test most stuff - they regurgitate advertisers copy leaving us to sort out the mess.

Still seething,

Rhod.</font>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi Rhod,

Abu - Diawa - Shimano.

Their cheapest reels outdo all the others, and their afterservice is A1. Parts are nearly always readily available, and a quick phonecall for assistance normally helps you with a problem.

Enough said.

Cheers

Drew</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts