World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used one? if so what are they like and what ground are they best suited too? reason being l need an easy casting rod suitable for all round beach work, which l know it a bit of a tall order, any advice..:blink:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
if u want an easy casting rod then yes the dreamcast is a good choice i had 2 recently and sold them as they are very soft, they are ideal on clean ground mainly and do have superb bite detection,

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
top bite detection mate but do tend to bounce around in the rest if its a bit breezy ,clean sandy beaches will suit it best

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
See if you can get a look at an anyfish anywhere beach. It is a fishing rod and casts well too. I wouldn't be to concerned about it's optimum casting weight of 6ozs plus 3 baits. It works well over a much larger range than that and I would use it anywhere. It's a strong rod.
As an alternative the supro is a nice light rod suitable for distance clean and mixed ground fishing. Going on mine there aren't any strength problems and I would use it on rough ground too. You may find that the light weight helps with your casting.

John

·
King of the Plaice
1,460 Posts
I tried the 50/50 when I was shopping around for my clean beach rod. Personally I found it a bit too tip actioned, and thought the progressive action of the Century C3 suited me better. You may have a completely different style though, ask a tackle dealer for a try out with a few different rods mate. It pays not to be blinkered when buying new gear!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Best bet is to phone T.C(mr zziplex),if you get them to answer the bloody thing & have a chat as he produces a few different variations of 50/50,s for several tackle shops, i.e.,-Garry Evans(newport) & Gerrys(morecambe) and could advise as to the one to suit your casting style..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts