World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello !

as i have now waited 6 months and there are still no sign of my Zziplex rods I was wondering what the general opinion is from you guys on the alternative rod I had in mind.

I pendulum cast 6oz and have the reel in the down position (multi).

Thanks !!

·
Banned
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Stuart.

You can shove your CME up your arse.

G

·
a smidgen harsh i feel?
I could'nt agree more,that is no way to treat your anal passage,there's far better quality blanks on the market that would serve that pupose:bleh:

:crazy::wheelchai
On a serious note I've used a tip for a number of years now,and have no complaints at all,although just lately it's been taking a back seat in favour of a triplex the 16ft /6oz version,whole lot easier on my back!and behaves perfectly with a 7ht mag down the bottom,knocks the boll0x out of double figure hounds in quick time,good in the wind,excellent bite detection,always worth a thought.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Stuart.

You can shove your CME up your arse.
Both proximal and distal limits are controversial and the rectosigmoid junction wiil intefer with BNHG s12 guides if inserted beyond 12cm. The lateral curves are also difficult to bypass as these correspond intraluminally to the valves or folds of Houston.

There is a technique which can be accessed with a proctosigmoidoscope but this is probably beyond the technical competence of Mr Bread.

:oops:

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
iv got a tt match and its rated 125-175.

·
Banned
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Who did you have the 3500 on order with?
Its on order form a good friend of mine who owns a small tackle shop. I was considering Tonys Tackle or UK Hooks but to be honest, I think everyone is in the same boat with ZZipy blanks as Terry Carroll is the only person making them.

·
Banned
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I heard that the 3500 was being phased out. May explain why you've waited so long.
Great rod though.
The 3500 has been replaced by the Profile Match, but I was told that I woud be able to have some blanks made by Terry Carroll in about 4 weeks. I've waited 4-5 months now and have been told by Terry that my rods were dispatched (never arrived), only the butt section on one rod to complete and they will be ready for the weekend (4 weeks ago). I still haven't recieved them so I'm going to buy Century which I have been told by SpottyDog that I can have within 4 weeks.

I love the 3500 and I love ZZiplex rods, but for a premium rod (probably the best make of rods you can get in some cases) I expect a premium service. I don't feel I am getting this premium service - in fact I feel like I've been lied to and my rods bought through a smaller tackle shop are not as important as the Summerlands orders, or the Gerrys or Tonys Tackle. I could buy Zzippies elsewhere but I would prefer to get them from my own preferred rod builder - as I know he will go the extra mile to make a really good job of them (Clacton Angling).

Anyway, I'm very dissappointed in Terry Carrol for misleading me and even moreso in that I no longer have any confidence in his delivery. I will buy the Tip Tornado Match rods and that will be that. If I still want a 3500 I will buy second hand.

If Terry Carrol would like to respond to this - then fine but my order will be cancelled on Monday regardless of the outcome. I've spoken to him on many occasions regarding the rods and given him more than enough opportunity to deliver them. He hasn't so its goodbye ZZiplex.

G

·
What a shame!

I waited at least 6 months for a Zziplex light bass rod from Tony's Tackle, but to give Tony due credit, he warned me that I would wait a long time.
As I wasn't in a hurry I just put up with it. I've used an older Tip Tornado and found it a pleasure to cast with and I think Blakdog has had one for many years without complaint.
Still at least you'll look good on the beach with your bling rods and they'll match your waterproofs, which as we all know, in your case that's most important.

And you called a me a Homosexual on the pier, you big ponce!:bleh::bleh:

·
Registered
920 Posts
The 3500 has been replaced by the Profile Match, but I was told that I woud be able to have some blanks made by Terry Carroll in about 4 weeks. I've waited 4-5 months now and have been told by Terry that my rods were dispatched (never arrived), only the butt section on one rod to complete and they will be ready for the weekend (4 weeks ago). I still haven't recieved them so I'm going to buy Century which I have been told by SpottyDog that I can have within 4 weeks.

I love the 3500 and I love ZZiplex rods, but for a premium rod (probably the best make of rods you can get in some cases) I expect a premium service. I don't feel I am getting this premium service - in fact I feel like I've been lied to and my rods bought through a smaller tackle shop are not as important as the Summerlands orders, or the Gerrys or Tonys Tackle. I could buy Zzippies elsewhere but I would prefer to get them from my own preferred rod builder - as I know he will go the extra mile to make a really good job of them (Clacton Angling).

Anyway, I'm very dissappointed in Terry Carrol for misleading me and even moreso in that I no longer have any confidence in his delivery. I will buy the Tip Tornado Match rods and that will be that. If I still want a 3500 I will buy second hand.

If Terry Carrol would like to respond to this - then fine but my order will be cancelled on Monday regardless of the outcome. I've spoken to him on many occasions regarding the rods and given him more than enough opportunity to deliver them. He hasn't so its goodbye ZZiplex.
what a shame mate, the 3500 is an excellent rod, still regret selling my pair. i'd go elsewhere too though, couldnt be bothered with the wait, at the end of the day its only a fishing rod! :fishing1:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
i think rory on the forum has been waiting a long time for his zippy

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I was in veals in bristol last week and they have a 3500 for £220. Says shop soiled on the label but i had a look and can't see owt wrong with it

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've got an as new 3500. BNHGS's I'm back home in 3 weeks and I'm looking to sell it along with some other gear was gonna put it on ebay

1 - 20 of 28 Posts