World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ive got a 3500, Im not too sure about the diference between this and the "s" version but I love mine, the rod I had before was a penn extreme villian and when I changed over the difference was quite obvious, I could actually feel what the weight was doing during a cast though the rod.

I use mine over clean and mixed ground, its had no problems with a 14lb conger and even lifting a smaller one of 6lb gently up a small wall

The tip on mine is quite soft so is better used as a match rod but it sits very well and stable in wind and rough sea and bite sensitivity is very good even at distance.

Neathy

·
Registered
260 Posts
hi mate ,3500 s is a nice rod i use one for bass fishing but have a look at the 4500s it has a great fishing tip but also casts like stink, but it is very user friendly, it is a hard thing to pick a rod as were spoilt for choice !

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
hi the 3500s is a stepped up 3500
i use mine for clean ground and soft bait like blow lug and rag worm
as it does not blow them to bits makes a good match rod with its soft tip to show
small bites at long range..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers everyone, would like a 4500, just finding one is the problem! Im gathering the 3500s will cast 5oz and 2 or 3 clipped down no worries right?

·
Registered
920 Posts
I've just sold most of my old rods and bought a 4500s, best thing i ever did, should have done it earlier. give peter owen a bell in folkestone angling 01303 253881. he has 'em ready built in his shop he may be able to post you one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like the 4500s is a firm favourite!!! Im preferably after something second hand in the range of £200

·
Registered
920 Posts
if you can stretch a bit more, peter owen does 'em new fully built for £260. alot cheaper than some places. fantastic build quality too. it will cast 6oz plus 3 baits easily.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I paid £180 for my 3500, there was a pair but the shop owner got the other one.

I'll keep an eye out mate but Im sure you'll get the one you want.

Neathy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts