World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:clap2: Used my latest rod for the first time tonight, pleased would be an understatement! Having used TTR, TTB, tip tornado grand prix and sport and a zziplex SST as my last few rods, I decided it was time to take the plung, and opt for something more user friendly. I was very dubious to say the least, when i got my hands on what instantly felt like a fly rod! However, tonights showing has left me overwhelmed and pleased, leads and baits were sailing for me with ease on a nice pendulum!
Just goes to show that you dont always have to have the latest 300yard rod! I fell into the trap of just opting for stiffer rods all the time, where quite often, I couldnt extract the full potential out of them! Ive moidered enough now! Good job Mr Carroll!! :clap2:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very pleased mate! light, good casting, responsive and good bite detection, my pwndulums were seeing a 1 hook clipped down going for 150yds id say

·
Registered
920 Posts
blimey! no wonder it felt like a fly rod compared to your others! 3500s's are brilliant fishing rods mate, i used standard 3500 for a while, sold 'em to buy a tip tornado and reel, biggest mistake i ever made! regretted it ever since. got rid of centurys and now have a 4500s and saving for a standard 3500! that article in sea angler a while ago probly did wonders for 3500 sales!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
think your right mate, was after the 4500s myself! really want one for a bit heavier stuff. Terry Carroll has done a few articles recently that stress how important it is to have fishing rods not scaffolding poles, if nothing else, just the pure enjoyment of it

·
Registered
550 Posts
I've got the 3500, I paid £180 for mine which I thought was a bargain.. It was second hand though but was in very good condition.

I've been looking at a new rod, seen someone useing a colmic at the weekend and it had a tip on it that looked as fine as a quiver tip but was casting a 5oz lead 100yards with braid on a multliplier.

The rating looked a bit dodgy though, it says it can cast 60 to 225 grams, Am I wrong but 225 grams thats 9oz isnt it?

Nice looking rod though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts