World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Anybody got any experience with the Zziplex 50/50 Match. I believe its 2 equal 7 ft sections. I was thinking about getting one but heard that they may be a bit `soft`. I currently use a 13 ft Zziplex which is quite stiff so wouldn` t really want one much softer. It would be getting used for Power Casting on the beach.
I don`t really want to pay all that money and regret it. Pity you can`t try before you buy! Not around my way anyway!

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Banned
684 Posts
Hi mate,

Got 1 myself, best used for clean/mixed ground venues,e.g south coast. Thin 3mm tip,show bites well,typical match rod,pendulem casting will get the best out of it,not a bad rod ,but theres better ones out there.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate,

Got 1 myself, best used for clean/mixed ground venues,e.g south coast. Thin 3mm tip,show bites well,typical match rod,pendulem casting will get the best out of it,not a bad rod ,but theres better ones out there.
Thanks mate,
If its not outstanding then I don`t really want to spend the money on it. I`m having good enough success using the Zzip which I have. Just caught a nice 30lb + Conger with it from my local beach at Tea time!
Check out my post on the South Wales Forum.
Thanks for your reply.
Tight lines,
Rich

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice one mate,u look well pleased,send the pics into the magazines.By the way what Zzipy do u use?....
Hi there,
To be honest I have forgotten the make. It was a Tony`sackle Team Match rod though. Very strong and powerful with great bite detection. Chucks it out a mile.
Cheers,
Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts