World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased one of these second hand, without reading up about it first. Can anyone give me any information about this rod?
All I know is its built for backcasting, I've never used this style myself but tried the rod out and it casts further than any of my others, with an OTG-type cast.

At the moment its being rebuilt, I was thinking of putting it up for sale after this but what sort of price do these fetch, and is there much demand for them?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Would that be david vicarys old b14 ? purchased from A+d in Hull ? If so I had a look at it when it was for sale in everrets a while back and nearly bought it. A very powerful rod with quite a stiff tip and a through action, I would say that most people would struggle to bend it OTG. I was after a powerful rock rod but prefer something a bit tippier. I would stick it on e-bay for the best chance of a decent price mate.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I bought it from A and D a couple of weeks back. Do you know any details about the background of this particular rod? Any info would be greatly appreciated, always good to know about the background to a 2nd hand rod!
I seem to have heard of David Vicary before, is he the guy from Norfolk? Think I saw a clip of him backcasting on some internet site, can't really remember now.

The rod was in a right state, varnish flaking off etc and whipping needed replacing, but the spigot showed little wear and the blank seemed perfectly fine so I went ahead and bought it.

When I tried it out it seemed to cast without me putting much of a bend in it.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes it used to be David Vicarys old rod, or so I was told when I was interested in it, I dont know much else about it than that mate. Whoever had it last cant have looked after it as it was in pretty good nick when I last saw it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts