World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all silly question,but i'll ask anyway.I have acquired a 2nd hand zippy primo hiflex[cracking rod],my question is which rod would be more powerful should the weed turn up.The hiflex fishes lovely with 6oz and big baits and can handle the weed and broken condition i fish,do people think the standard primo would be able or even be better for such conditions as i'll be saving for a new rod capable of clean to mixed ground condtions i fish.
As a wild card would the ian golds international match be up to the job as i had a loan of one and thought it was a powerful set up with good bite detection[also cheaper]:help:
Tight lines

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Rich,
i've been told similar by a friend of mine.I suppose my next question is the ian golds stronger than a standard zippyy primo,cant remember from the sesion i had it for a loan,it did seem heavier to hold

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
have used a primo syncro for years, and will have a shiny new pair of primo hi-flexs in 2 weeks so will compare after that :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Similar actions but a more pronounced feel and bend on the hi-flex when casting. 'C' shaped bend on the retrieve. The hi-flex may be stronger but I prefer the original primo synchro when the going is tough and weedy. Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts