World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Between that HSM and the TTSM you have the best match rods on the market.
Get either one you wont be disappointed. Brilliant rods for sending baits out to range intact and showing bites from whatever is out there.
Powerful butts with forgiving tips.

Jim

·
Registered
938 Posts
The 4500s and Primo match will do the same job and are a bit cheaper than the HSM and in my experiance far better than the TTSM.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The HSM is an excellent rod. I have one and bite detection is superb even at range. The rod will cast 6 oz with ease, in big tides I regularly use 7oz with no problem. The HSM is a HST albeit with a glass tip. Very powerful mid section and butt and I find it needs to be hit pretty hard to get the best out the rod. A mate of mine has a Primo Match, this is a more forgiving rod with a through action and IMO an "easier" rod to cast. If your a over head thumper I'd side with the Primo as it will be slightly easier to compress.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I love my HSM's. I have quite a few Zippy's (11) but these are my favourite fishing rods. I lent my brother one last week while i fished with a 50/50 and a 4500, now he wants one too.
They send a 150g out of sight and can more than handle a high pendulum 175 when needed. Excellent bite detection as well.
As bgreen520 has said above, if you a thumper maybe a Primo match or a 4500 as they definatley are easier to bend and both of those have great bite detection too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts