World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me with this rod. A friend gave this rod to me and its rung for fixed spool and i want to use this beast for rough ground with a multiplier.
Does anyone know the ring spacing for Multiplier or Hybrid? i have looked on sticky but its not listed on there. The rod itself is a rare rod and not much information on it, so if anyone has any information please do let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Ive had zzippy hustlers many years ago when i was match fishing, a very powerful brute of a back casting rod , i think the rod weighed close on three pounds and it took some strength to handle it. I believe it had a tip close on 9 feet and a very thick butt. Had my rods rung up for fixed spool with all the rings 4 and a tip ring all high up on the tip of the rod . Did practice on a field with a Multi some times and with the ringing the way it was had no trouble casting it at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, my hustler has 7 rings so it should be ok for a multi then... just need to try it i suppose. The butt is very thick 36mm and made of alloy. I am thinking of using this for rough ground with the Penn Fathom Casting Special or Slosh. I have casted this rid using a fixed spool with 6 oz lead and managed to compress the rod but took a decent swing!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to find some information on the Hustler for anyone else who may need it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts