World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , have just joined and am wondering if anyone knows much about the zziplex lt 14.I am thinking of buying one for use as a rock/kelp beast anyone know if it would be suitable ? possibly bit of cliff work as well.On a second note if it's not suitable what other zziplex would be ideal.thanks...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
welcome to the site zippy, i am not a ziplex man either sorry. dont forget we av a chat room in evenings, usually 8 till late, hope u pop in sometime m8.. everyone welcome..

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Zippy,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't help, I'm a charter fisher except for hollidays in Wales and the occasional weekend in Pevensey.

Cheers

Drew

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
Hi Zippy,

The LT14 might be a bit light for what you want to do. It's a long rod and is designed to combine elements of a tournament caster in with a nice supple tip for bite detection. I haven't used one...but with the lighter tip, it might cause problems for what you want to do. It seems to be more of a beach rod.

If you are looking at spending that kind of money you might be better off looking at something more towards the tournament end that has the beef to cope with what you want to do. Think along the lines of the Zziplex Dymic HST, the Fox Horizon XTR or Fox Rockhopper and similar rods from Greys, Century, Diawa and Abu.

Hope that helps

Mike Jr

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ckeck out the zziplex website, it tells you all about their rods on there.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I had one for a while but didn't get on with it - you might though. As a guide, I now fish with penn vipers, they are my sort of rod. It did not seem truly happy with 6oz leads. They are also very expensive (if that's an issue) and probably difficult to get hold of. I've ended up with a greys nitra for my heavy duty stuff and it seems fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Zippy,

Depends what u want to use it for ?? Rock/Kelp not the ideal weapon in your armoury !. On the otherhand if you want to use it on smooth to mixed ground where distance is an issue its the ideal tool. Ive used one for a while and it certainly serves its purpose when distance and sensitivity is needed. I do my bread and butter fishing in the Bristol Channel with all manor of conditions and sea beds and it seems to cope with the majority of marks perfectly. You would be amazed at the amount of guts it actually has. For the heavier work the one i use out of my zippy range is the V Max F1 trully awsome !!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello all , have just joined and am wondering if anyone knows much about the zziplex lt 14.I am thinking of buying one for use as a rock/kelp beast anyone know if it would be suitable ? possibly bit of cliff work as well.On a second note if it's not suitable what other zziplex would be ideal.thanks...
hi, i have recently just brought a Zziplex M4 EVO and i think it is a briliant rod for fishing over rocks and kelp beds. and a great rod for sending the lead over 200 yards, i fish with my M4 over the rocks in magate at the nayland rock and i have nevver used a rod like it !!!
have fun fishing, dangerous dan lol

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
I had a XTR 50/50 if you must have a Zzippie, it is a great rod for heavier ground.

http://www.summerlands.co.uk/online/main.htm

Check out this site for ZZippy details but dont rule out other makes.

Jim

ps are we going to log in and fully join the site?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts