World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow taffs -- anybody used the zziplex LT 14 for fishing on heavy ground in our area?? The reason I ask is I intend buying a new Zzippy soon for rough ground and distance fishing in our hallowed waters mainly. I have heard all the rave reviews about its casting ability but I am looking for a fishing rod not an out and out tounament rod.I have tried the HST but am not impressed with the bite detection which didnt surprise me cos the HST is definitely a rod designed specifically for casting over grass by much better casters than me.
Cheers YATOES

· Registered
439 Posts
got the lt14, and a very nice rod it is, bite detection is fine, and it casts well, although it will probably end up on ebay soon, as I have just got a pair of primo synchros being built, have cast the lt over 205yds on the field and in the right hands would go a lot further than that. Would recommend zircon or alconite rings, unless you intend on throwing down the rocks, in which case go for bmag's, hope that helps.:g:

· Registered
698 Posts
hi yatoes, give zziplexmad a pm... hes had every zzippy under the sun, and im sure he'l let you have a few casts of his LT to see if you like it...?:g:

he's even getting a zzippy whipped in pink for his baby daughter!!!:clap2: ......:lmao: :lmao:

· Registered
229 Posts
got a pair along with many zippys but these probaly my favourite by i use them all round and they perform well on thing i do find sometimes a problem is fishing tight rock marks but all in all a good rod and i do rate them but thats my opinon

· Registered
10,482 Posts
Hi fellow taffs -- anybody used the zziplex LT 14 for fishing on heavy ground in our area?? The reason I ask is I intend buying a new Zzippy soon for rough ground and distance fishing in our hallowed waters mainly. I have heard all the rave reviews about its casting ability but I am looking for a fishing rod not an out and out tounament rod.I have tried the HST but am not impressed with the bite detection which didnt surprise me cos the HST is definitely a rod designed specifically for casting over grass by much better casters than me.
Cheers YATOES
Hi yatoes if you can spend abit more mate go for the TTR BIG DANNY best rod around tight lines

· Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi yatoes if you can spend abit more mate go for the TTR BIG DANNY best rod around tight lines
Chhers m8
What the hell is a TTR BIG DANNY Rockling sounds like a coloured gentleman from an adult entertainment film.:)
Seriously though I have been using Zziplex for about 20 years and only ever found one diawa that I have liked almost as much as zzipys and I have tried a few other makes as well and sold them on almost straight away. I suppose I have become a bit narrow minded now and I dont change rods until I have to for some reason.
How much is Big Danny (I just know I am going to regret asking this on open forum) cos the LT14 is £375-00 and if I was going to pay more than that it would have to cast out for me!!!!:)

· Registered
10,482 Posts
Chhers m8
What the hell is a TTR BIG DANNY Rockling sounds like a coloured gentleman from an adult entertainment film.:)
Seriously though I have been using Zziplex for about 20 years and only ever found one diawa that I have liked almost as much as zzipys and I have tried a few other makes as well and sold them on almost straight away. I suppose I have become a bit narrow minded now and I dont change rods until I have to for some reason.
How much is Big Danny (I just know I am going to regret asking this on open forum) cos the LT14 is £375-00 and if I was going to pay more than that it would have to cast out for me!!!!:)
Hi yatoes there the best rod a around mate i am waiting for two to come now there go for 380 pounds from a shop in barry if you need any more info you can have he shops no i was a zziplex man NOT NO MORE NOW MATE tight lines

· Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi yatoes there the best rod a around mate i am waiting for two to come now there go for 380 pounds from a shop in barry if you need any more info you can have he shops no i was a zziplex man NOT NO MORE NOW MATE tight lines
Thanks mate I thought I had it all sorted:idea: and now you confused me again :blink: I used a tip tornado a few years back that was a half decent fishing rod and an old mate used the tip tornado sport which he claimed was the best rod he ever had. So now you got me wondering. I think I am going to have to wait a while and see a few of my mates on the match circuit before I decide:g: .
Let me know how you get on with your new rods buddy:)

Cheers Yatoes

· Registered
10,482 Posts
Thanks mate I thought I had it all sorted:idea: and now you confused me again :blink: I used a tip tornado a few years back that was a half decent fishing rod and an old mate used the tip tornado sport which he claimed was the best rod he ever had. So now you got me wondering. I think I am going to have to wait a while and see a few of my mates on the match circuit before I decide:g: .
Let me know how you get on with your new rods buddy:)

Cheers Yatoes
OKEY DOKEY will do mate tight lines

· Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi yatoes dont listen to this rockling ive got all the version of the zzippy lts the are far more suitable for fishing than the ttr big danny if you want a real ttr buy the real ttr not the cheep version
Wots going on I didnt real;ise it was confuse Yatoes week ???:blink:
Until yesterday I was in blissful ignorance cos I had never even heard of let alone considered a TTR now you are telling me there are 2 of em!!!!:)
Trouble is Smoothhound you might have got me wrong I am an angler who can cast a bit but not outstanding by tournament standards when and if needed ( I have done over 200 yards on the rare occasion that I have gone over grass) but I am primarily looking for a good FISHING ROD that can hit distances if needed. If i just wanted a rod that can hit distances then I would have gone for the HST but as I said in an earlier post when I borrowed one to try I found the bite detection not very good ?
I have no interest in casting over grass at all anymore (you dont get fish in a field) .
I am just looking for a good rod for fishing that will handle the heavy fishing of our coast and be able to hit the distances when and if needed but still show the bites.
I have used zzippys for 20 years or more so I find it awful difficult to consider any other what do you reckon on the LT14for what I am looking for Smoothhound?? Cheers m8

· Registered
125 Posts
yatoes like i said ive got the full range of lts i find they got the lot good for distance bit detections great even when your over 200 yrds m8 the ttr is a rod you nead to be built like a brick house if you didnt live so far you could have treid 1 of my 8 lts

· Registered
10,482 Posts
hi yatoes dont listen to this rockling ive got all the version of the zzippy lts the are far more suitable for fishing than the ttr big danny if you want a real ttr buy the real ttr not the cheep version
so you are saying zzippy are better than the ttr big danny i think you are full off it tight lines

· Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yatoes like i said ive got the full range of lts i find they got the lot good for distance bit detections great even when your over 200 yrds m8 the ttr is a rod you nead to be built like a brick house if you didnt live so far you could have treid 1 of my 8 lts
Cheers buddy thats what I was wondering cos that dutch caster danny what ever his name is built like a brick built outhouse thanks again good to hear from people who have used the rods not just read about them :)
I will wait and hear what rockling says about his ttr's when he gets them cos he seems to be a well respected decent angler but I think its likely to be the LT14 in the end . YATOES

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.