World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking about getting a m4 evo,i plan to use it on clean to mixed ground with ray maybe tope in mind.is the rod up to task?.has anybody get this rod?,if so what do you think of the rod?cheers,lee ps i have searched previous forum already!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
i'm thinking about getting a m4 evo,i plan to use it on clean to mixed ground with ray maybe tope in mind.is the rod up to task?.has anybody get this rod?,if so what do you think of the rod?cheers,lee ps i have searched previous forum already!
In the 80's, Peter Lace (North Devon published fishing hero), had caught more than 40 tope (to 45lb), from Baggy Point, Croyde.

His favourite rod, at that time, was the ABU 174C, a rod that many would now class as too soft for school bass!:doh:

So I think that an M4 EVO should be adequate.

We're just spoiled for choice these days!:yeah:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
bit overgunned for mixed to clean ground but saying that they will be good for getting big baits out for the tope and will handle the fight off a tope or ray no problem.

think this rod maybe is the best allrounder available.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The M4 EVO is a very very special all rounder, the tip is not match standard but the last thing you want for long range fishing is a soggy glass tip.

Its an all time classic.

Regards Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.