World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help me with this?can anyone tell me the diffrences of the Standard M427 with the Hiflex n SU versions in terms of stiffnes?thinking of getting one of the standard M427 for rough grounds

·
Registered
997 Posts
No. Never owned one.

But.the Su is stiffer than the standard (as SU stands for "stepped Up") which is stiffer than the hiflex (as all hiflex models are more through action)

How stiff is " stiff" I have not a diddly squat. : thumbs:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Don't be fooled, although the action is more forgiving on the Hiflex version, it is still a pretty stiff rod. It has a fantastic casting action and comes into its own at 7oz plus.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The M427 Hi-flex is an awesome fishing rod for casting the big baits and leads. My one goes out on every trip as I'm not into scratching and bite detection.:laugh:
My black TTR didn't seem as stiff as an M427SU I cast recently if that helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more question tough, Is the diffrence of the SU and the standard 427 are in the butt only or both in butt n tip? consider the SU is a Stepped Up butt?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I've had a few 427s and Su's. Butts on the new black ones are almost identical power wise. Tip on the std one is softer and more through action but a much better fishing rod with excellent bite detection for such a powerful rod they load beautifully with 175g and bait . Unless your capable of 260-270yds then the SU is likely to be too powerful and will feel rather numb. The middle and lower tips on the SU have some serious grunt. SU does however make a good hauler in the kelp.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had a few 427s and Su's. Butts on the new black ones are almost identical power wise. Tip on the std one is softer and more through action but a much better fishing rod with excellent bite detection for such a powerful rod they load beautifully with 175g and bait . Unless your capable of 260-270yds then the SU is likely to be too powerful and will feel rather numb. The middle and lower tips on the SU have some serious grunt. SU does however make a good hauler in the kelp.
So both section of the 427s is diffrent from the SU's??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts