World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i understand it’s a personal thing but I’m looking for advise on either of these rods I’m not the best caster I just need a good quality fishing rod for abit of mixed ground mostly rough grounds I will be fishing for Tope of north wales of the rocks aswell as cod and pollack north England and Scotland both of rock and beaches thanks I have came down to Zziplex m427 hi flex and afaw tournament rock remastered need to know best bits about each rod and what would suit the above best thanks.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hi everyone i understand it’s a personal thing but I’m looking for advise on either of these rods I’m not the best caster I just need a good quality fishing rod for abit of mixed ground mostly rough grounds I will be fishing for Tope of north wales of the rocks aswell as cod and pollack north England and Scotland both of rock and beaches thanks I have came down to Zziplex m427 hi flex and afaw tournament rock remastered need to know best bits about each rod and what would suit the above best thanks.
What about a AFAW grand prix .

·
Registered
609 Posts
AFAW grand prix is my favourite rod,can use it anywhere from clean beaches to the roughest ground.Stiff rod with a nice sensitive tip

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The remastered and Grand Prix would definitely do all of this comfortably. The Grand Prix is significantly heavier in the butt section and is more powerful but the remastered TR is the more useable of the two. Both will cast sizeable mackerel baits for tope but would have the tip to handle rough ground in terms of keeping cod up in the water and quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts