World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know anything about this rod like are they still made, price of a blank etc. PM me any information please as I'd rather this thread doesn't turn into the usual zzippy slanging match. Many thanks :D

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Originally designed in the summer of 2004 for Peter Thain, Colin Howlett & myself (Andy Miller) for use at the ICSF World Casting Championships in the 18g distance events.
The rod currently holds both the UK & World Records in the Multiplier event.

A slim blank with a semi progressive tip that is ideally suited to casting weights from 18-75g, Yes I ave cast 100g on mine but as its my primary 18g rod I don't any more.
13' almost 2 equal section (not long tip short butt scenario) the butt is parallel (~21mm), early models didn't have a re-informed butt (not suitable for reducers), originally intended for high reel use. Best suited to lightweight rings with a minimal build so as not to deter from its fantastic action.

Picture of a Profile Lure in action can be found here - http://uksf.sea-angler.org/results/2011icsf.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.