World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone give me any info on a Ziiplex PTX powertip, i cant get any info on what this rod is good for ie, type of ground etc, tournament or general use. cheers

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey Bill, Zziplex used to produce Powertex (or PTX for short) butts on many of their rods a few years ago they were stiffer than the standard high carbon jobs. As for a powertip model? this is one i have never heard of you sure you got the name right? Powertex is very close to Powertip, could it be a damaged sticker?

Powertex butts were fitted to fishing as well as casting rods in the Zziplex range so it could be on any rod, many of the fishing rods also being used for tournament casting.

Its often thought that a rod needs to be poker stiff to cast WRONG in fact Neil Mackellow's Quattra sport had a softer butt than the standard production models, nuff said.

Regards Ryan

Ps Terry dont make a duff rod so it will make a fine fishing rod. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Ryan, I have seen the rod PTX Powertip listed on a couple sites but no real info as well, thanks for your help. From what you are saying this would be a rod with a powertex but and a powertip top section, could be anything.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi Bill, yep my mistake the Powertip is on the Zziplex web site, why not give Terry a ring and get the info from the horses mouth?

Ryan.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi rayan might just do that, zziplex rods are quite difficult to get descriptions on sometimes, cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts