World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone just wondering if any of you guys out there can help me?.
I have got a Quattra but dont know if it is a sport or a match, the blank
is brown, tip 7ft and the butt 6ft and just says Powertex on butt hope you guys (or girls) can help.:g:

Cheers
Ernie

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I think that may be the old composite glass tip job. Does it have an aluminium butt? I got one cheaply at a car boot sale a few years back in ok condition. I remeber saying that oneday i would get it rebuilt, i still haven't though. I here they are a nice rod, but a just not comparible with modern carbon fibre blanks.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Im sure they were a composite tip. I think the aluminium butt section on mine was an option some casters used to use to stiffen up the butt section of a rod.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Blasterman, you have a 1991 ( i think) version of the Quattra the originals 1980,s were either a green or black blank ,tips were 8ft long butts 4 or 5ft ,i have a 1991 version still its grey carbon and is the match version 7ft tip ,im not saying a brown one is a sport ,i think the later ZF250 were brown and were very similar to a Quattra ,whatever you have it will cast 150 grams further than you ever need ,use a long drop and a big wind up and it will go for miles ,don,t try overhead thumping it wasn,t designed for that

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply Bass i will have to find out about the tip. I got it 2nd hand
and it is a fantastic casting and fishing rod.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Midas thanks for the imfo, it is a fantastic casting rod and when i hit right
it goes.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
i think there were 4 quatras the match standard sport and 175

thats the ones i know off anyway ( there were possilbly more )

·
Banned
115 Posts
The original Quattra match was green, so I guess this makes this one the sport? As Neil/Blackbeard was a big time fan, perhaps he will clear this one up for us?

T

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
The Match version was fitted with a spigot, so the butt was slim (~27mm), all the others (Sport, 175, etc) were a plug-in joint into the butt, which was ~30mm, and longer. This was the first rod from the stable that had a powerpoint butt, at extra cost.

philtherod

·
Registered
960 Posts
it sounds very much like a 6 1/4 ounce amber,quite a beast of a rod.
i had one several years ago and put my shoulder out casting it!
if you get it right there very rewarding get it wrong and it WILL bite you back

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have a zziplex quattra bought off ebay, fantastic rod. Trouble is I can't identify it as a sport or a match. A lot of the butt is obscured by shrink tube, might take it off and see if theres any writing underneath. All I know is its just over 12 1/2 feet long, tip section just under 8 foot, butt section 5 foot. Black blank, black whippings edged in gold. Fuji rings. I was told it is about 15 years old. There seem to be a number of different models. Seen a lot on ebay and no two are alike really. Theres one advertised currently under "shops", Its had a full rebuild and is priced at over £160 I think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts