World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having fished using my dads old...old...very old zziplex rod I have to admit I was quite impressed an old rod did as well as some others like Daiwa D and shimano vengeance so have decided to give the old girl a new lease of life, shaft and blank being tore apart from scratch new fuji dps seat aradited in etc and new blank whipings and re paint/ watch this space. bonus points if you can tell me what year this rod was made in ;0)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
lol shhhh

had to try and get it out of my dad but sadly hes not in great shape and told me round about 30 years ago and built it himself. no idea on model etc which is a bit of a shame.
Someone may come along with a defo answer, maybe worth putting the lengths of sections up

·
Registered
481 Posts
lol shhhh

had to try and get it out of my dad but sadly hes not in great shape and told me round about 30 years ago and built it himself. no idea on model etc which is a bit of a shame.
hi there,my guess would be a quattra as it has a tip over butt joint and the tip looks quite thick.most had 4ft butts and 8ft tips.i have a n early green glass match model and a later black match and sport models and even though old rods will still handle the leads and most of the fishing,well worth rebuilding,good luck matey:thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.