World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking online zziplex rod bags are very exspensive, can any one suggest a cheaper place to buy them, cheapest ive seen is 19.99 and i need 2 of them.

dont really want to spend 40 quid nearly on rod bags.

any other rods bags u could suggest at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
822 Posts
zziplex don't really budge their prices unfortunately but if you shell out fir a new rod they are only 15 at summerlands haha

I need the shorter one but I've spent my august tackle budget already

I think Ian golds does rod bags which I'd love any info on as well

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
looking online zziplex rod bags are very exspensive, can any one suggest a cheaper place to buy them, cheapest ive seen is 19.99 and i need 2 of them.

dont really want to spend 40 quid nearly on rod bags.

any other rods bags u could suggest at a cheaper price.
think thats the going rate and you won,t get them any cheaper, uk hooks and summerlands. tell you what tho they,re a lovely bag, once the rod is in there the whole thing folds over and you finish up with a nice slim package to go in your holdall, not like the century ones which are too bulky for my liking A

·
Banned
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i think it is really u spend all that money on a rod and then u got to pay extra for a bag, think they been a little bit greedy IMHO !

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I think Ian golds does rod bags which I'd love any info on as well
The Ian Golds bags are lovely, you can get 2-3 BC in there comfortably, as well as a rod rest and shelter strapped to the outside if you wish. Well made, using good quality material. Cheap as well, mine was £20 - £30.

·
Registered
822 Posts
think thats the going rate and you won,t get them any cheaper, uk hooks and summerlands. tell you what tho they,re a lovely bag, once the rod is in there the whole thing folds over and you finish up with a nice slim package to go in your holdall, not like the century ones which are too bulky for my liking A
They def are great rod bags which look great as well, you could tie 1 to the back of a motor and floor it on the autobahn for hours and they would still be in one piece I reckon,

Summerlands are cheaper for the 8ft version as a wee tip for anyone wanting one

What are Titan bags like for single rods?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
whats the point in spending £400 on a zziplex rod and not putting it in a zziplex bag, the bags are awsome hard wareing and will proberbly out last the rod..
the red titan bags are good quality but can be very difficult to get rods in and out of sometimes especialy when damp, buy a couple and you will see what i mean.

Rich

·
Banned
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok im gonna get the zziplex bags

which should i get

ive got the 2 below zziplex

zziplex zeteque

zziplex hi-flex m427

would i need a 7ft and a 8ft bag ?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I'd go for summerlands as it's 19.99, if my memory serves me well ukhooks are more expensive fir the longer version plus they want vat on top plus delivery,

1 - 20 of 27 Posts