World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi anyone i just 1 this on ebay payed £155 for it are they any good for pendulum casting?? what are the casting weight, also MAINLY ARE THESE A TIPPY ROD or stiff

Please Help me Out ASAP

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
They're top rods rough to heavy ground, good tip for bite detection cast up 6oz with pendulem with ease. Yes they are stiff, well new ones are. I use a 9oz grapnel off of Dover admiralty with no problems at all. You got a bargain!!! enjoy.....

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I find it so funny when people shell out hard earnt cash on something then ask questions whether its any good lol.....shouldnt one research a product b4 buying it???

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol yeah i shud of but forgot i even bidd for it on ebay lol

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're top rods rough to heavy ground, good tip for bite detection cast up 6oz with pendulem with ease. Yes they are stiff, well new ones are. I use a 9oz grapnel off of Dover admiralty with no problems at all. You got a bargain!!! enjoy.....
ill be usuing this rod clean mixed to rough ground really other than when i go to devon in october

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
the V-Max F2 is a match rod and clean ground rod good tip to see bites on

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
33 Posts
Got 2 zziplex f1's they are good rough ground rods not alot of people liked them though, i would say the f2's are a allround match type rod i wouldent use an f2 for rough ground as a first choice, as for stiff i wouldnt say so :g:, but a nice rod to use south coast areas.

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Jason you are asking the wrong question. Pretty much any rod can be pendulum cast - I remember seeing someone pendulum cast an old £30 12' fibreglass Shakespeare beach rod over 200yds in 1989 for a bet (we were all wincing as it was the rod with the metal point at the bottom of the butt :eek:hnoes: ) The important question is how easy is it to learn on?

You need to get yourself some lessons mate, starting off with mastering OTG which at 14' the V-Max should be good for. Only once your technique is solid should you move on to swinging the lead. Like I've said to you before give Mark(south) a shout - he is the guy who taught me and very good he is too, and a top bloke as well :thumbs:

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jason you are asking the wrong question. Pretty much any rod can be pendulum cast - I remember seeing someone pendulum cast an old £30 12' fibreglass Shakespeare beach rod over 200yds in 1989 for a bet (we were all wincing as it was the rod with the metal point at the bottom of the butt :eek:hnoes: ) The important question is how easy is it to learn on?

You need to get yourself some lessons mate, starting off with mastering OTG which at 14' the V-Max should be good for. Only once your technique is solid should you move on to swinging the lead. Like I've said to you before give Mark(south) a shout - he is the guy who taught me and very good he is too, and a top bloke as well :thumbs:
Hi there ive some lessons off Mark the bloke u suggested also ive been practising everyday,, but with the rod i have atm it isnt the best to do it with that is what Mark said and i feel its to tippy, at somepoint i lose the feel of the lead cause my tip is to tippy

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
I think you will be fine with the V Max F2. It is a fishing rod not a tournament pole - the last thing you want when starting out is a rod that is too stiff for you.

OT but did your brother go along for a casting lesson with you? Oh and if you want to come along to the next casting day at Steyning and see how far you are getting the next meet is on Sunday 7th September - I can pick you (and your brother) up on the way if you are up for it?

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you will be fine with the V Max F2. It is a fishing rod not a tournament pole - the last thing you want when starting out is a rod that is too stiff for you.

OT but did your brother go along for a casting lesson with you? Oh and if you want to come along to the next casting day at Steyning and see how far you are getting the next meet is on Sunday 7th September - I can pick you (and your brother) up on the way if you are up for it?
no he dint come along with me but ill ask him if i fancys the trip Pastysteve came along with me he can cast anyway thats who im practising with every day almost thanks for the info tho much appreciated...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts