World Sea Fishing Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Read Only
14,610 Posts
dont bait for bass anymore,, but a softer tips definately needed IMO , greys BZE had a really good tip in the surf.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Since the uk bass fisherman wades in water then I fully agree that the 11ft 8in is very suitable and they are well catered for with these lengths.However I just want to add another idea.
Take a look at leeda bass rods they did an excellent job with these fine bass rods.
1.leeda bass sport 11ft 6in. 2-4oz casting
2,leeda light light sport 12ft 6in.3-5oz casting
Now I have the leeda light sport 12ft 6in and use on the beach and it smacks a 2.5-3.5oz lead out of sight and its a lovely fishing rod for small species.
Now if zziplex made the same !- one model at 11ft 8in and another at 12ft 8in then it would have covered all the bass fishermen's requirements - one rod for wading in the water and another for estuary close in fishing etc.
In my opinion these 2 different lengths would have covered it all.
p.s. by the way no prizes will be given to those who guess will length will be the BIG seller !
just my opinion guys
cheers from Bill Singapore

·
Registered
131 Posts
For wading in proper surf I would choose the CT version all day.Fine glass tips are fine for rod rests but stood up to the waist in a tabled surf a stiff tip will register bites to the hand,whilst the eyes are looking out for an oncoming running wave that may well tip them over!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
why is everyone knocking this rod. i have owned a 11.5ft diawa supercast x bass rods for over 20 years. it is rated as one of the best bass rods ever made.
if fishing for bass you rarely need to cast more than 50 yards. i have caught bass at my feet in the past. If i want to i can still cast 100 yards with it.
In my opinion for a close range rod fishing for bass or flatties the zippy would be perfect

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I've bass fished for most of my life and have several 2-4oz 'bass' rods which I use as light surf rods, when 6oz is just totally over-gunning it. For bass I use 3lb test carp rods, re-rung for multipliers, which are just right, and can lob 4oz and a big bait if needed. They're century armalites and I won't ever be changing them, slim light and responsive with a through action playing a fish, can't ask for more?

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Since when does casting 4oz 100yds plus apply to bass?. I use my Daiwa high performance bass for rays from the beach at 100yds, and never catch bass that far out, assuming that you wade in past the 30yds+ of foam and shallow water. If you don't, use a full on beachcaster from the high tide mark and pendulum cast 150yds+.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts